Thursday, April 14, 2011

Really getting creative here...

So last fall, I picked up this box of instant hot apple cider mix packets.

Let's just say they didn't go over swimmingly in my house.

So they're still here.

I wanted to make sugar cookies for my sugary-sweet children. Then, I spied the apple cider packets in the pantry.

And I thought, "I wonder what that would be like."

So I made cookies. With apple cider mix in them.

I wonder if anyone will bravely try this "recipe" of mine...

Ahem...Apple Cider Cookies

What You Need:
  • 3/4 cup softened butter
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 individual packets of apple cider mix
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • cinnamon and sugar for rolling the cookies
How it's Done:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Beat butter and sugar and cider mix. Add egg and vanilla. Then, add baking powder and flour.
  3.  Roll into balls slightly smaller than ping pong balls. Roll in sugar.
  4. Bake ten minutes.

3 comments:

SharleneT said...

Those cider packets are pretty handy, aren't they! I'm not afraid. I have some packets and I'm going to try your recipe. Did your family like the cookies, by the way? You didn't say. Come visit when you can.

Unknown said...

Ok... I'm intrigued... how did they taste???

Michelle said...

They all loved them! I didn't tell them what was in the cookies, for fear of them not wanting to try the cookies. But once they said YUM, I spilled the beans. They asked me to make them again!

*NEW!* Stay current on what's cooking!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails